Financial Aid and Course fees
The college offers financial aid by helping students with applications for bursaries at various institutions and agencies.
There are various companies, agencies and organisations you can apply to for financial support, but the main source of support for TVET colleges is the National Department of Education bursary fund administered by the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS).
You will be able to apply for a bursary (also known as a financial aid) directly at NSFAS and continue to apply at West Coast College.
You will be assisted by a Student Support Officer (SSO) and a Bursary Clerk.
In addition, West Coast College has established its own bursary fund to augment the current bursaries. Any full-time or part-time student may apply for a college bursary.
DHET BURSARY AVAILABLE FOR 2022
- MyNSFAS Account – NSFAS Bursary Application (online)
- NSFAS Bursary – All You Need to Know FAQ
- NSFAS Eligibility Criteria and Conditions for Financial Aid
- Make sure you have electronic (and certified copies) of the following:
- Your South African identity document/card or, an unabridged birth certificate
- IDs of parents and/or guardian (or death certificate where applicable)
- IDs of each person living with you in your home
- Pay advice/letter of employment/pension advice (not older than three months)
*When you provide your cell phone number on the application form, make sure it works and please do not change it afterwards, as NSFAS will use it to communicate with you during and after the application process. Please do not provide someone else’s cell phone number as your contact number.
You will also need an email address. If you do not have an email address, you can easily create a college email. Check out the how to guide on how to create your WCC email address here.
You must not apply if:
– You have already applied (online/at campus) and have an application reference number
– You are not intending to apply for admission to a public university or TVET College
– You already have NSFAS funding for 2022
– You are not a South African citizen
For more information please visit the Bursary Officer
|Central Office||Ms Siphindile Cwalaemail@example.com
|Atlantis||Mr Mthunzi Matya|
Ms Tasneem Muller
|Citrusdal||Mr Brackley Miennies ||firstname.lastname@example.org
|Malmesbury||Mr Thomas Obdrabuemail@example.com
|Vredenburg||Ms Lydia Riet|
Ms Mandy Cupido
|Vredendal||Ms Chrizelda Aprilfirstname.lastname@example.org