As interim measures, the College has taken the following measures:
• The college classes have closed from 18 March and will reopen on 15 April 2020 as per the DHET circular sent on 18 March.
• We encourage staff to take the necessary hygiene precautions to remain safe and healthy.
• The College has procured alcohol based hand sanitisers. This will be placed in all classrooms, offices and high volume communal areas.
• Liquid soap dispensers are available in all bathrooms.
• We have sourced face masks. Staff are also welcome to wear their own personal face masks.
• We will be providing all front line staff with gloves and wet wipes.
• We will also be placing office equipment cleaner at all high volume spots such as photocopy machines, microwaves, fridges and vehicles and request that it is constantly wiped off after any use.
• We will be having a Wipe Out campaign where staff will be required to wipe off services areas (including desks etc.) twice a day i.e. in the morning and at lunch time.
• Gatherings of more than 100 people cannot take place and activities involving smaller groups, e.g. unit meetings, will continue with the necessary hygiene precautions adhered to.
• All student support events such as cricket tournaments has been suspended as well as staff events such as the annual Staff Awards and Staff Training. At this point in time, we are still consulting regarding the hosting of the Annual Graduation ceremony and we will revert accordingly.
• Domestic travel via motor vehicle or airplane must be reduced. This all in response by the President on 15 March when he declared the COVID-19 disease a National Disaster.
• Any staff member who has returned from abroad in the last 14 days, and any staff member who has had contact with a confirmed case, must inform his/her line manager and stay at home for a period of 14 days and work from home. We will deal with any eventualities as they arise. In the meantime, we encourage staff to continue with regular hand washing. If you cough or sneeze, please do so in your elbow so that we take people around us into consideration.
To view the info hub that the college has created, please click here